Regulations of 12th Ekiden
- The Organizer
- The race is organized by Warsaw Marathon Foundation with registered office at: ul. Brylantowa 15, 05-077 Warszawa, registered under Taxpayer Identification Number (NIP) 9521913280 and Business Identification Number (REGON) 015438288.
- Contact with the Organizer is available via phone numbers: (+48) 737-444-810 and (+48 22) 749-13-33 (numbers not available between 6th and 8th May 2016), via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via post, mailing address: Fundacja Maraton Warszawski, ul. Grochowska 8c, 04-217 Warszawa, Poland.
- Date and venue
- The race will take place on 7th and 8th May 2016 in Szczęśliwicki Park in Warsaw. The Organizer reserves the right to change the date and/or the venue of the race.
- Start of the race will take place in four rounds:
- 1st round – May 7th, 2016, 9:00 am
- 2nd round – May 7th, 2016, 2:00 pm
- 3rd round – May 8th, 2016, 9:00 am
- 4th round – May 8th, 2016, 2:00 pm
Team leader of each team chooses the round for his/her team. It will not be possible to start in a round different than the one chosen in the registration form.
- The whole distance of the course: 42.195 km. The distances of legs: 7.195 km, 10 km, 10 km, 5 km, 5 km, 5 km.
- The course of the race covers a 2.5 km long loop.
- Every half a kilometer of the course will be marked with signs.
- Time limit
- Teams have 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete the whole course.
- Participant exceeding the time limit will be obliged to give up the race and leave the course.
- Participants remaining on the route after the specified time limit do so at their own risk and responsibility, pursuant to Polish traffic regulations and Polish Civil Code.
- Only individuals who are 15 years old or who will turn 15 at least on the day of their start are allowed to participate in the race.
- Each team has to constitute of 6 runners, who cover the distances indicated in the Regulations (in given order).
- Each team member is allowed to run only one relay leg in a given team.
- One participant is allowed to run in more than one team and has to run one leg for each of the teams he/she is running in.
- Each and every team has to be verified in the Race Office. Therefore, the team leader (person that registered the team) or any other person authorized by the leader in writing has to submit following documents in the Race Office:
- race card (available to print out from team leader’s profile around two weeks before the race) signed by each team member
- written consents of parents/legal guardians (enclosed to the race card) of each minor team member.
The Race Office will be located in Szczęśliwicki Park.
Opening hours of the Race Office:
May 6th, 2016 (Friday) – 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
May 7th, 2016 (Saturday) – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Attention! Teams from outside of Warsaw may collect race kits on 8th of May only after previous contact with the Organizer via email: email@example.com.
- In the Race Office the leaders will receive race kits containing: starting numbers, safety pins and keepsake T-shirts. T-shirts will be distributed in the Race Office according to previous declaration of participants. T-shirt size shall be chosen in the registration form. Change in the size will be possible in the registration form but not later than on 15th April 2016. The number of T-shirts in each size is limited and the availability of each size is not guaranteed at all times. The organizer does not guarantee receiving T-shirt in declared size.
- Race kits not collected in the Race Office will not be neither sent nor distributed in any other way at a later date.
- The lengths of distances covered by the participants cannot be changed.
- Team leader decides about the order of running of his/her team members in the registration form. The information may be changed online until May 2nd, 2016 or personally in the Race Office while collecting the race kit. No change will be possible after the collection of the race kit.
- During the race all participants have to have their starting numbers horizontally attached to the front of the their race tops (alternatively sweatshirt or jacket). Starting number shall be visible during whole race. Covering (in part or in whole during whole race or its part) or modification of starting number is forbidden under the penalty of disqualification. Participants are also obliged to properly install the time measuring chip (as stated in its instruction).
- The organizer allows the start of participants on wheelchairs with direct manual drive.
- The participants of the race are obliged to follow the rules of Polish Athletic Association (PZLA), IAAF and these Regulations.
- The organizer provides medical care on the race course as well as on the start and finish lines.
- Team leader (or team member appoited by him/her) is obliget to take part in a briefing that will take place half an hour before the start of the rround. During the briefing each team will receive the baton. To complete the changeover, each runner must hand off the baton to the next runner of his/her team within dedicated changeover zone. The team that will lose the baton and finish the race without it will be disqualified.
- Registration can be submitted via registration form available on www.ekiden.pl and rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com or by letter sent to the address stipulated in section I.2 herein.
- Registration is considered complete when following conditions are met: application form is filled in and the entry fee payment is credited to Organizer’s account.
- It is possible to register for 12th Ekiden by choosing one of two paths:
- ordinary path – filling in registration form available on event’s website and settling the entry fee.
- charity path – taking part in the charity action “Biegam Dobrze” regulated in separate regulations HERE
- The limit of the teams is 1,000 (250 teams in each round). 700 teams (175 teams in each round) can register by choosing the ordinary path and 300 teams (75 teams in each round) can register by choosing the charity path.
- Online registration closes on 3rd of April 2016 After this date participants shall not settle the payments (even if the registration form was filled in before this date).
- Registered teams that will not settle the entry fee or will not manager to collect the minimum amount of money (depending on chosen path) will be deleted after this date.
- Places becoming vacant in this way will be accessible during complementary registration that will be open from 5th until 10th of April 2016. Only ordinary path will be available in the complementary registration.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close the registration earlier due to limit of participants. In this case, also possibility to settle the payments will be suspended.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change limits specified hereinabove.
- Team leader chooses one of available rounds in the registration form. Selecting the charity path means a reservation of place in a given round until 3rd April 2016. Registration in traditional path without settlement of the entry fee does not mean any reservation of a place in a given round. If there are no free places in a given round in the traditional path, the Organizer reserves the right to transfer all not paid registrations (from the traditional path) to next round with free places.
- Change of registration path (from charity to traditional one and the other way round) is possible only if there are free places in target path.
- Entry fee
- Basic entry feee in ordinary path of registration is 400 PLN.
- Entry fee in the complemetary registration is 600 PLN.
- Entry fee may be settled by online payment (from the registration profile). The company Krajowy Integrator Płatności, operator of https://tpay.com/ is responsible for the safety of transactions. All data (including credit card numbers) of participants are protected by a high security level such as 128 bit SSL.
Fees can also be paid by a bank transfer to the following account:
Account number: Bank BPH – 77 1060 0076 0000 3200 0132 8704
Recipient: Fundacja Maraton Warszawski
Address: ul. Address: ul.Brylantowa 15, 05-077 Warszawa – Wesoła
Payment description: “Ekiden, registration no., team name.”
- As soon as the entry fee is transferred to the bank account of the Organizer, starting number will appear by team name on the starting list at www.ekiden.pl If the starting number will not appear within 7 days from the day of money transfer, the participant is obliged to contact the organizer via (+48) 737-444-810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Organizer is not liable for the loss of registration form, money order or bank transfer by the fault of a post office or a bank.
- Once paid, the fee is not subject to any reimbursement.
- Participants willing to receive a pro forma invoice shall contact the Organizer on email@example.com.
- Participant willing to receive an invoice for the entry fee are supposed to state that will in the application form and give required details. The invoice will be automatically generated and available to download from team leader’s profile.
In accordance with tax regulations, due for payment before the service, advance payment invoice will be issued covering the full amount of the entry fee. Advance payment invoice is then the final invoice.
Stating the will of getting an invoice, participant agrees to transfer/share of invoices without the recipient’s signature and in electronic form. This consent does not exclude the right of the Organizer to issue and send invoices in paper form.
- Participants will receive a special deposit bag in the race kit which will allow them to leave a deposit in a special deposit area. The deposits will be given back only on the basis of starting number. In case of lost starting number the organizer is discharged from liability for giving the deposit to someone else. Attention! It is forbidden to leave valuable objects and documents in the deposit.
- Participants will have a possibility to use changing room before and after the race.
- Final results will be combined from the results of all rounds.
- The following categories will be held during 12th Ekiden:
- Charity teams (taking part in charity action “Biegam Dobrze”)
- Additional categories – team may choose only one category it is willing to be classified in:
- insurance companies
- International Polish Championships in Business Relay (category regulated by separate regulations);
- Electronic time measurement is the basis of classification.
- All categories are classified on the basis of official times (gross – gun time).
- Unofficial results of each round will be posted on www.ekiden.pl just after its finish. Unofficial results of the race will be posted on www.ekiden.pl after the finish of all the rounds.
- Written complaints about the results can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 10th May 2016, 6.00 pm. The complaints will be considered within 48 hours and final and official results will be announced on 18th May 2016 at latest.
- The organizer reserves the right to introduce additional categories and classifications.
- Every finisher of 12th Ekiden will receive a finisher’s keepsake medal.
- The winners of places 1-3 in final results will receive keepsake trophies.
- The organizer may offer other trophies and prizes in categories and classifications of their choice.
- Personal data of race participants will be processed for the purpose of organizing and promoting the events of the Organizer, stating the race winners and awarding them.
- Personal data of participants will be processed in accordance with the applicable provisions, in particular polsih Act of 29th August 1997 on personal data protection [Ustawa o Ochronie Danych Osobowych] (Journal of Laws of 2014 pos 1182 and 1662; pos Journal of Laws of 2015 pos.1309)
- Processing and use of data mentioned in section X.1. also includes the publication of: name, surname, date of birth, city and name of the club
- Participant acknowledges that he/she is entitled to check the content of his/her data and correct them.
- Providing personal data and consent to their processing is voluntary yet necessary for participation in the race.
- Staying on the route of 12th Ekiden without a valid starting number is not allowed. The service crew of the race will remove individuals without valid start numbers from the route. No inline skates, bikes, skateboards and/or any other mechanical devices as well as baby carriages and strollers are allowed without the Organizer’s permission. Using nordic walking sticks and running with dogs are also forbidden. Only Organizer’s vehicles (bicycles, motorcycles, cars) with valid passes are allowed to stay on the course of the race.
- Participants shall follow the instructions of crew responsible for the security of the event, security stuff and other services appointed by the Organizer.
- The organizer assures personal accident insurance during the race.
- Each participant is obliged to sign the declaration of acquaintance with rules and regulations of the race. By signing the declaration participant agrees for giving to him/her first aid by medical and paramedical services and for medical treatment and the transportation of the participant to safe place in case of emergency by services approved by the Organizer.
- The participant declares that he/she is able to take part in the race and that he/she has no knowledge of any reasons connected with his/her state of health that could exclude him/her from participation in the race and that he/she takes part in the race on his/her own responsibility. The participant notes that participating in the run is connected with physical effort, natural risk of accident, body injury and physical trauma (including death) and material loss. Additionally, other risks that are unforeseeable now can occur. Signing this document means that the participant considered all the risks connected with the run and will start the run on his own responsibility. All the decisions made by medical service during the race about the continuation of the race by the participant are final and binding.
- A random obligatory doping control will be carried out after the race.
- By signing up to participate in the race the Participant accepts these Regulations and agrees for the free use of his image in the form of photographs or video recordings, and grants the Organizer free of charge license to use it in all fields of use, including printing/saving and spreading it in any form and keeping in computer memory; to use it for promotion of the events organized by Warsaw Marathon Foundation; to share it with sponsors and partners of 12th Ekiden for their promotion in the context of participation in the event; to post and publish it in the publications of Warsaw Marathon Foundation and on promotional printed materials of the Organizer, in press, on websites and in television and radio programs.
- Only the Organizer of 12th Ekiden has the right for the binding and final interpretation of the Regulations of 12th Ekiden. Organizer makes final decisions in matters not included in these regulations. If any of these regulations will be considered fully or in part as invalid or impossible to execute the rest of the regulations will stay valid.
Regulations of International Polish Championships in Business Relay organized during 12th Ekiden
- Each and every participant is obliged to follow the Regulations of 12th Ekiden.
- Only teams representing businesses (considered as every organization form of business entity that is employer) can start in the Championships. This includes foreign companies and their agencies.
- One firm can be represented by more than one team.
- In each team there have to be AT LEAST two female members.
- Every person that is employed in the entity on the basis of employment contact or works for the entity on the basis of self-employment or works everyday under the trade name of the entity on any other basis is allowed to represent it.