#BiegamDobrze is the first and the only one action based on the model of charity actions where runners collect money for selected charity organization.
Running for charity has become a very popular way of helping the world and runners collecting funds for selected purpose began to dominate numerically on big events such as the marathons in London or New York. The largest charity event in the world is the London Marathon – its participants have collected for charity more than 600 million pounds since 1981!
The initiator and organizer of the #BiegamDobrze charity action is Warsaw Marathon Foundation – organizer of the biggest and most prestigious running events in the country such as PZU Warsaw Marathon and PZU Warsaw Half Marathon. In the first year, during 37th PZU Warsaw Marathon and 11th PZU Warsaw Half Marathon, more than 1,000 chose charity running. The best of them collected for their organization up to 5,000 PLN, which gave together over 250,000 PLN raised for charity purposes.
Who needs your help?
Registering for the participation in Ekiden you have an opportunity to actively support the operation of one of three partner organizations: foundation “Spartanie Dzieciom”, Rak’n’Roll Foundation, Empowering Children Foundation.
Choose a purpose that is close to your heart and start the action.
How does it work?
1. Register your team for the race choosing one of two paths. You can participate in the race in the “ordinary way” – by paying the entry fee and just getting ready for the race. Yet you can do much more – get involved in collecting funds for one of six partner charity organizations.
2. Choosing the latter path i.e. “charity path” during the registration, team leader will create the profile of team’s fund raising. With the use of this profile your friends. family, neighbors and other runners will be able to donate money and support your participation in XIV Ekiden.
3. When the counter on your team’s profile will show 1,000 PLN, the money will be transferred to the bank account of the organization of your choice and you will get your starting numbers from that organization. You have time for that until april 20th, yet you can continue money raising until May 23rd.
4. That’s not it! You can set your own goal – challenge yourself to do something when you manage to reach a specific amount of money. Make it fun and encourage your friends to take part in it.
5. Collect your team’s race kit in the Race Office of XIV Ekiden that will include T-shirts and starting numbers. The organization of your choice will do its best to make you feel that your run means something more than just participation in a race.
What if you fail?
There is no chance for that! If you do not manage to raise the minimum amount of money until the deadline – the money collected will be transferred to the organization anyway and you will still have time to register for the race in the ordinary way, pay the entry fee and participate in the race.
Take up the challenge, contribute to cause close to your heart by running in our event and enjoy double victory at the finish line!